Gold Jewellery Care
- Take your jewellery off if you're involved in any activity which could scratch, knock or damage it. If in any doubt, take it off and keep it safe.
- Take it off when you go to bed.
- Keep it well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- Bathe and apply any lotions or perfumes before you put your jewellery on. Organic gemstones like pearls and opals are particularly vulnerable to acids, even perspiration.
- Store it separately, ideally in a soft-lined box or case, so that your favourite pieces don't tangle, rub or scratch one another. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Make sure chains and necklaces are fastened when storing to avoid tangling.
- Remove jewellery while cooking and cleaning.
- When storing jewellery, please keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions.
- Add a few drops of washing-up liquid (or other mild degreasing solution) to a lukewarm bowl of water. Extreme temperature changes may damage the jewellery, so avoid hot or ice-cold water.
- Soak the jewellery for ten minutes to loosen any build-up of dirt.
- Gently clean with a soft-bristled brush such as an unused toothbrush.
- Make sure to clean the whole piece of jewellery and get into hard to reach places while being extra careful when cleaning fragile parts of the jewellery (for example, at a stone's setting).
- Rinse thoroughly in clean water to remove soap residue and any other remnants of dirt.
- Dry gently with a lint-free cloth or leave on a cloth to air dry.
At JJ Gold, we provide free Jewellery Ultrasonic cleaning service to all our customers. Ultrasonic cleaners are known for working great for cleaning gold jewellery. You can safely clean gold jewellery in an ultrasonic machine. Simply drop by our store at 810 Geylang Road, City Plaza #01-47, Singapore 409286. Nearest MRT : Paya Lebar MRT, opposite Paya Lebar Quarter, Kinex Mall.